- Please note that this list might not be complete and things change minute by minute. We are trying to keep you up to date as best as we can. Thanks to everyone sending us information and updates and thanks to the Highlander, The Haliburton Echo and the Minden Times. If you have any more updates for us, please text them to 705-457-6149 and we will get them on the air, on the website and on our Facebook Page.As of Monday March 30th 4 pm
- Dollos Foodland in Minden has indicated that their only change in hours is that they are open until 8pm on Friday.
- Easton’s Value Mart has let us know that their only change to their hours is that they are open from 8-9pm on Friday.
- The Haliburton Rotary and Haliburton Foodland are working together to deliver groceries. Please contact Foodland Monday to Friday between 9am ad 3pm at 705-457-2242 to place your orders.
- Haliburton Foodland has new temporary hours, they are open from 7am until 8pm. (7-8am for Seniors)
- Todd’s Independent has new temporary hours everyday until further notice – 7am until 8pm.(7-8am for seniors) There is no charge for plastic bags. Seniors can shop between 7am and 8am. You can also shop online at www.yourindependentgrocer.ca
- Wilberforce Foodland is offering delivery of groceries for Highlands East and Harcourt area. Call 705-448-2811 or email email@example.com and place your order or to get more information.
- Minden Pharmasave is here for you – they are just doing things a little differently – they are doing a closed door service where staff greet and take your order through the glass, they will gather your items up, take payment by Visa or MasterCard – They will bring your purchases and receipt and hang them on the door always observing social distancing . Contact them by phone 705-286-1220; text 705-809-0920; and fax 705-704-9344 or speak to them through the glass doors. Hours are Monday to Friday 9-5pm, Saturday 9-4pm and Sunday 10-2pm (these are temporary hours)
- Canadian Tire has amended their hours as follows: Monday – Saturday they are open from 8am-6pm and Sundays from 9-5pm. The Automotive Service Department is open Monday to Saturday from 8-5pm.
- Marks Work Warehouse is closed.
- Hudson Henderson Insurance Brokers is open, but taking appointments instead of walk ins
- Pine Grove Point is open for essentials Sun to Thurs from 9am – 6pm and Friday and Saturday 9am-8pm
- Restaurants offering takeout: McKecks, The Mill Pond, Molly’s Bistro Bakery, Win Yeung’s, Pine Grove Point in Harcourt is open for essentials and take out, Abbey Gardens, AM/PM Outdoor Gourment, Boshkung Brewing, Haliburton Highlands Brewing, Castle Antiques, Nourished in Minden is open Wed-Sat 11:30am – 3pm, Haliburton Forest and Cookhouse, West G Pizza & Grill – please contact the restaurant to confirm that they are still open.
- Wintergreen Maple Products restaurant is closed but they are open for retail by appointment only.
- Beer Store are not taking any returns until further notice. The Haliburton Beer Store will be closed at 7pm on Friday nights. Other local agency stores will not be accepting empties now as well.
- Glecoff’s Family Store is open. They have temporary hours right now – Monday – Saturday 10am – 4pm and closed on Sunday Please go to Facebook or Instagram for store updates.
- Minden Subaru will remain open but by appointment only. Their hours of operation have changed. Please call ahead.
- HHHS has announced that the long term care homes are closed to non essential visitors.
- The Haliburton, Ingoldsby and Lochlin United Churches will not be holding services until further notices
- The Anglican Parish of St. Georges, Haliburton and St. Margaret’s Wilberforce are cancelled. You can join their church services on Facebook live
- Highland Brewery is not serving but they are selling product and will bring your orders to the door. 705-754-2739
- Community Support Service is still offering Meals on Wheels, Emergency Response Systems, Friendly Visiting, Security Checks and all programs such as Mental Health, GAIN, Supportive Housing, Hospice continue to intake and support clients – 705-457-2941
- Minden Animal Hospital will remain open by appointment only and their front doors will be locked until arrival. All non emergency surgeries are postponed until March 30th and their office are Monday to Friday 8:30 to 5pm. Closed Saturday and Sundays. 705-286-2919
- The Legions are closed
- Ontario Parks programming and visitors centres are closed until
- Haliburton Wee Care is not open.
- Haliburton County Public Library branches are closed.
- Fleming College has suspended classes but will deliver online or alternative formats for the remainder of the semester.
- Fleming CREW Employment Centre is providing service via phone and email until further notice.
- Fleming Crew Employment Centre is providing services over the phone and by email until further notice. 705-457-2020 ir fkenubgcrew@fkenubgcikkege,ca
- HHOA Hatchery Tours are cancelled until further notice
- Shoppers Drug Mart will be closing at 8pm. They will also be dedicating the first hour 9-10am to seniors shopping.
- Service Ontario has announced that you will not need to renew health cards, driver’s licences, license stickers, Photo cards, commercial vehicle operator registration certificates and more (serviceontario.ca/services)
- The Liquor Stores are now closed Mondays.
- Pet Valu is operating with reduced hours Monday to Saturday from 9-5pm and Sundays 10-5pm
- Transat Travel is now closed.
- Highlands Medical Supplies will take your orders by phone or email.
- The Pregnancy Care and Family Support Centre is offering support to people that are not clients but in need of formula for your baby. Contact them on Tues, Wed & Thur from 10-2 and Frid from 12-4 and they will put together a package of needed items. 705-457-4673
- The Haliburton County Development Corporation is developing an emergency loan program to assist all businesses and organizations. www.haliburtonhdc.ca
- Minden Mercantile is taking orders by phone at 705-286-2801
- The Haliburton Post Office hours have changed they are 930 to 430 Mon thru Fri. 9-noon on Saturday.. they are subject to change at any time.
- Ontario Status Update on Ontario Parks Operations in Response to COVID-19“all provincial parks will be closed to the public from March 19, 2020 until April 30, 2020. This includes car camping, backcountry camping, roofed accommodations, day use opportunities and all public buildings.
- Master’s Book Store is closed to walk-in traffic for this two week period. However we can do curbside and local delivery. Please contact us by telephone 705-457-2223 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Orders can also be placed through our website www.mastersbookstore.ca.
- Abby Gardens is introducing measures to limit public access to the Food Hub for everyone’s safety. How you can shop:1. Place an order in person at the Food Hub and wait while we become yourpersonal shoppers.2. Call or email ahead of time and we will put together your order for pick up atthe door.3. Call or email and we will deliver to you, free of charge. Please note, we are relying on volunteer drivers to provide this service to those who are self isolating. Deliveries will be made Thursday and Saturday afternoons.Phone: 705-754-4769Email: email@example.com
Here is a list of our local food banks and their hours:
March 30, 2020: Central Food Network remains on the front lines, getting desperately needed food to people who are hungry. We have implemented a few new procedures and programs to help:
—–CARDIFF: Our Cardiff food bank has moved to a delivery system for personalized hampers. Current members will have received a phone call from our food bank manager to inform them and get details on specific food needs from each household.
—–WILBERFORCE: We are maintaining our usual hours Wed to Friday from 1-3pm but are continuing to monitor needs. We have moved to a hamper-style service. This means that you are asked to remain outside and a volunteer will provide you with a pre-made hamper. Please keep a 6 foot (2 meter) distance from each other at all times.
——DELIVERY SERVICE: If you are feeling unwell, recently returned from travelling or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 or are not able to attend in person for any other reason, please contact us. 705-448-9711 or firstname.lastname@example.org
EMERGENCY FOOD ASSISTANCE FOR RESIDENTS OF HIGHLANDS EAST + HARCOURT
If you are not a current member of either the Cardiff Food Bank or Highlands East Food Hub (formerly the Wilberforce Food Bank) but need some help with food, please call us at 705-448-9711 or email email@example.com. We will ask a few details – confidentiality is assured.
The Minden Food Bank
Minden food Bank is open Monday and Wednesday from 11-3:30pm.
We are operating under strict protocols to protect clients and volunteers.
We are welcoming anyone who has lost their employment and needs our help.
We ask that they bring a note with their name, physical address, phone number and the number of adults and children in the household.
Donations can be left in the mailbox just outside the front door, or by mail to box 893, Minden Ontario or online through canadahelps.org
The Thrift Shop at St. Paul’s in Minden is closed until further notice
4 C’s Foodbank
Clients can come to the door and they will be given a pre-packed box of food, depending on the size of the family. Regular hours will be Tues, Thurs and Saturday from 11am-1pm. www.haliburtonfoodbank.org or www.haliburton4cs.org or call 705-457-3010
The Lily Ann Thrift Store will be closed until further notice. Please do not drop donations off until they reopen.
Kinmount and Area Food Bank is open and the 2nd and 3rd Thursdays of a month from 11-1pm. For emergency assistance call 705-455-3060
Please remember that all of our area foodbanks are in need of financial support during these very unsettling times.
If you need information regarding any of the Foodbanks or you need clarification on numbers, please don’t hesitate to call us here at Canoe. 705-457-1009
We will only get through this by working together.
- SIRCH- you can ask for Sirch meals at the food banks and starting on March 28, you can get take out frozen meals directly from Sirch Central is open every Saturday and Sunday from 11am until 2pm at 2 Victoria Street by the laundromat.