Daytime Broadcast Coordinator
Haliburton County Community Radio Association
100.9 Canoe FM – CKHA
739 Mountain Street, Haliburton, Ontario
This is a fulltime contract position ending on May 14, 2018
This position has been funded by the “Community Radio Association of Canada.”
The Broadcast Coordinator will work with volunteers to build stronger community relationships, ensure we are providing skillful content delivery, improve local news and information and make a stronger commitment to our community by providing the listeners with more focused local programming. This project will ensure the station has better quality and more consistent daytime programming.
As a Daytime Broadcast Coordinator you will be responsible for:
Working with the Program Committee to develop a template for the four day parts that make up our daytime programming
- Working with volunteers to ensure all news is locally focused and written in a concise manner.
- Working with Program Committee and Station Manager to ensure that hosts are trained in show preparation.
- Developing an up to date list for new sources, community organizations and media contacts.
- Ensuring that hosts are familiar with copyright laws, CRTC Regulations and Canoe FM policies and procedures regarding broadcasting.
- Ensuring that volunteers are able to use social media to enhance both their shows and the station.
- Helping hosts incorporate interviews into their programming
- Ensure Canoe FM has a broadcast presence at community & council meetings.
- Developing better communication between daytime hosts
- Working with volunteers on the creation of instructional, reference videos.
- Working with hosts to ensure live performances are showcased on daytime programming and in the Malcolm MacLean Radio Hall.
- Assist with the production of live radio shows held off site.
- Developing hands on review for broadcasters.
- Provide technical support to volunteers
- Assist with technical requirements for remote broadcasts.
- Fill in as a broadcasting if necessary
- Answer the telephones
- Be a board operator for volunteers when needed
- Other duties as assigned
Daytime Broadcast Coordinator:
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Have a sense of humor
- Have patience
- Be Creative and enthusiastic
- Develop strong relationships with volunteers, customers and other staff.
- Be dynamic, resourceful and organized
- Meet deadlines, prioritize work and deliver on commitments.
- Work well both as part of a team and independently to meet deliverables.
- Have a Positive attitude, ability to problem solve and a strong desire to achieve
- Have Desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and report writing
- Experience in creating and writing training manuals
Education and Experience:
- Completion of a college radio arts program or 2 years of practical training in a community, campus or commercial radio station.
- Familiar with Adobe Audition and/or Sound Forge
- Familiar with Pro Tools would be an asset
- Familiar with Windows Media
- Familiar with Dad Presenter, Radio Traffic, Music Scheduler 1
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Experience with a not for profit organization
- Familiar with CRTC policies and regulations as related to Community Radio.
The Coordinator will generally work out of The Canoe FM Radio Station located at 739 Mountain Street in Haliburton but due to the nature of this position some non-traditional hour and some off site production may be required.
- This is a 35 hour per week position.
- This position requires a flexible schedule with occasional evenings, weekends and special off site locations assignments.
- Two 15 minute break periods are provided with one hour unpaid lunch break
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Long periods of sitting
- Some heavy lifting
$18.00 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay and statutory benefits
Please send resumes via email to Roxanne Casey, Station Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off your resume to the Canoe FM radio station.
Resumes will be accepted until the end of the day on May 29th, 2017.
Only those applications selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canoe FM is committed to providing a fair and equitable working environment and encourages applications from all qualified individuals regardless of age, gender, race, sexual orientation or disability.