100.9 Canoe FM Is Hiring
We are looking for an individual who will recruit and train volunteers to work with, operate and support our Traffic and Music Scheduling programs.
This is a one year contract position (28 hours per week),
The Community Radio Fund of Canada.
If you love technology, data entry and working with computer programs this might be a position for you.
For more information regarding this position,
please go to www.canoefm.com
Canoe FM is a not for profit, volunteer based Community Radio Station in Haliburton, Ontario.
As a Training Specialist you will be responsible for:
- using relevant traffic management and playout software (Radio Traffic Essentials, M1, DAD Presenter) or be willing to take intensive training
- ensuring current volunteers have a complete understanding of the functionality of the traffic & music scheduling program
- analyzing and interpreting data
- insuring broadcast orders are accurately inputted into the traffic program
- understanding proof of performance
- familiarizing yourself with CRTC regulations
- recruiting and training of volunteers
- attending events showcasing the station and recruiting for volunteers
- working closely with the station manager, accounting, production technician and sales department
- ensuring all music fields are categorized according to the CRTC guidelines
- creating volunteer reference videos for both our traffic and music scheduler programs
- creating a positive and productive atmosphere to ensure the retention of volunteers
- provide technical support to volunteers
- fill in as a broadcaster if necessary
- office administration
- other duties as assigned
As the Training Specialist we are looking for someone that has:
- excellent organizational and administrative skills
- pays close attention to detail
- is able to work calmly and effectively under pressure,
- has knowledge of the law, ethics and industry regulations around radio advertising
- has strong IT skills and data handling
- will develop strong relationships with volunteers, customers and other staff members
- meets deadlines, prioritizes work and delivers on commitments
- has a positive attitude, ability to problem solve and a strong desire to achieve
- has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- has experience in creating and writing training manuals and/or videos
Education and Experience:
- completion of a college radio arts program or 2 years of practical training in a community, campus or commercial radio station or relevant experience
- familiar with Dad Presenter, Radio Traffic & Music Scheduler 1
- proficient in Microsoft Office
- experience with a not for profit organization
- familiar with CRTC policies and regulations as related to Community Radio.
- The Training Specialist will generally work out of The Canoe FM Radio Station located at 739 Mountain Street in Haliburton
- This is a 28 hour per week position.
- This position requires a flexible schedule with occasional evenings
- Two 15 minute break periods are provided with one hour unpaid lunch break
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Long periods of sitting
- Some heavy lifting
$20.00 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay and statutory benefits
Please send resumes via email to Roxanne Casey, Station Manager
email@example.com or drop off your resume to the Canoe FM radio station, located at 739 Mountain Street in Haliburton, Ontario.
Resumes will be accepted until the end of the day on September 1, 2018.
Tentative start date will be October 1, 2018
Only those applications selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canoe FM is committed to providing a fair and equitable working environment and encourages applications from all qualified individuals regardless of age, gender, race, sexual orientation or disability.