Click on the link below for complete details of the nine auction packages
$12.40 / hour
Canoe FM Summer Job Posting for 2017
Canada Summer Jobs
Promotional Broadcast Assistant
Canoe FM, as a not for profit, volunteer based community radio station in Haliburton, Ontario. Our mission is to provide balanced programming, including entertainment and vital information to the Haliburton Highlands. Canoe FM strives to showcase local talent, meet and partner for the development of the community. Canoe FM is operated by over 130 volunteers.
Canoe FM is looking for a friendly, motivated, service oriented team player to fulfill a Canada Summer Job funded position.
Canada Summer Jobs provides funding to not-for-profit organizations, public-sector employers and small businesses with 50 or fewer employees to create summer job opportunities for young people aged 15 to 30 years who are full-time students intending to return to their studies in the next school year.
This position runs for 7 weeks at 30 hours per week (7.5 hours per day)
Rate of Pay will be $12.40 per hour.
Anticipated Start Date: July 3rd, 2017
Physical Environment: moderate; requires some heavy lifting (over 20 kg)
• Ensuring Canoe FM is visible at summer community events
• Prepare weekly schedule of events/live on locations and remote broadcastings
• Assist in setting up remotes and/or promotional events and ensuring all required equipment and marketing pieces are present.
• Fill in for remote broadcasters or on air hosts from time to time
• Keep an inventory of promotional and marketing material and supplies
• Co-ordinate & execute on-air contests and promotions
• Maintain promotional signage, draw boxes, entry forms and equipment
• Ensure social media is updated and pictures posted
• Answer phones, direct inquiries, assist customers
• Prepare press releases for the media as required
• Be an ambassador for the station and tuned into the community
• Other duties as assigned by the Station Manager
• Have access to a car and a valid driver’s license for live on location events.
• Extremely organized with the ability to multi task
• Self-motivated, team player with a positive pro-active attitude
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Familiar with updating various forms of Social Media
• Willing to work flexible hours as needed for contests/events
Canoe FM’s employment practices are accessible to meet the needs of employees and job applicants with disabilities.
Only selected applicants will be contacted for interviews
Please email your resume with a cover letter, to Roxanne@canoefm.com or drop it off to the station which is located at 739 Mountain Street in Haliburton ON K0M 1S0 by June 16th.
If you have not had the opportunity of hearing Ron’s interview with Chris Hadfield, the link to the interview is below:
The 5 Year Ontario Service Award for Canoe FM recipients on May 5, 2017 are Heather Lindsay, Bob Stiles, Wendy Bateman, Barb Parish & Ron Evans
The 5 Year Ontario Service Award for Canoe FM recipients on May 5, 2017 are Heather Lindsay, Bob Stiles, Wendy Bateman, Barb Parish & Ron Evans (absent Lorraine McNeil)
It is with a heavy heart that Canoe FM must announces the death of stellar volunteer Betty Moffatt. Betty was a Board Member, Chaired our By-law committee and was the person we all went to when we needed advice regarding governance. Betty believed and cared deeply about Community radio…and the importance it holds in the Haliburton Highlands.