CanoeFM is Looking for Volunteers!
- Bingo volunteers to help with our Tuesday night Bingo team (an approximate time commitment of 2 hours monthly)
- Bingo drivers for our bingo deliveries/pick ups on Wednesday morning. (an approximate time commitment of 4-5 hours monthly)
- On Air hosts for our early morning show on Wednesday as well as to fill in occasionally for vacancies (currently we are not recruiting any new volunteers)
- Volunteers interested in learning production or technical skills (currently we are not recruiting any new volunteers)
- Office volunteers - this includes answering phones, checking and answering emails, organizaing and updating our public service announcements, stamping bingo sheets, keeping our merchandise display counters filled and organized and things as they happen.
How to Become a Volunteer
- Please contact either Janice or Roxanne at 705-457-1009, as we would love to chat with you about our opportunities. We will arrange a mutually convenient time for you to come to the Station, and at that time you will receive an introduction to the station, have your questions answered, and receive a Welcome Kit that contains our Orientation Manual, an application form and reference forms
- If you prefer you can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate your interest in volunteering.
- Once you have completed the forms then they are to be returned to the Canoe FM studios at 739 Mountain Street, Haliburton, ON. After your application and references have been processed, you will be contacted to arrange a time to meet and review Policies and Procedures and to sign that you acknowledge and understand them. At this time, you will schedule your training sessions, which is when the real fun begins!
- Complete required hours of training.