No experience necessary. We will provide you with all the training and support you need.
Canoe FM is staffed with over 100 volunteers. Without our volunteers the station would not be on the air. Volunteering at Canoe is an excellent opportunity to give back to the community. There are a variety of different ways you can contribute, here are just a few:
- Bingo volunteers to help our Radio Bingo team on Tuesday nights (an approximate time commitment of 2 hours monthly)
- Bingo drivers for our bingo deliveries/pick ups on Wednesday morning. (an approximate time commitment of 4-5 hours monthly)
- On Air hosts for a variety of time slots as well as to fill in occasionally for vacancies (currently we are not recruiting any new volunteers)
- Volunteers interested in learning production or technical skills (currently we are not recruiting any new volunteers)
- Office volunteers - this includes answering phones, checking and answering emails, organizing and updating our public service announcements, stamping bingo sheets, keeping our merchandise display counters filled and organized and things as they happen.
How to Become a Volunteer
- Please contact either Janice or Roxanne at 705-457-1009, as we would love to chat with you about our opportunities. We will arrange a mutually convenient time for you to come to the Station. At that time, you will receive an introduction to the station, have your questions answered, and receive a Welcome Kit that contains our Orientation Manual, an application form and reference forms.
- If you prefer you can also send an email to email@example.com to indicate your interest in volunteering.
- Once you have completed the forms,they are to be returned to the Canoe FM studios at 739 Mountain Street, Haliburton, ON. After your application and references have been processed, you will be contacted to arrange a time to meet and review Policies and Procedures and to sign that you acknowledge and understand them. At this time, you will schedule your training sessions, which is when the real fun begins!
- Complete required hours of training.