Volunteering at CanoeFM
You are about to join Canada’s most successful community radio station. Our management team, technical crew, sales department, office volunteers, and on-air talent have all dedicated themselves to becoming the true voice of the Haliburton Highlands.
From modest beginnings in 2003, we have positioned ourselves as ‘the place to go’ for entertainment, community information, and effective local advertising. Canoe FM is woven into the very fabric of the county.
We’re more than a radio station, though; we’re a family. You will find warm and welcoming people here and I know you’ll quickly feel at home. Don’t be shy about asking questions or offering suggestions. Remember that you ARE Canoe FM!
President, 100.9 CANOE FM
CanoeFM is Looking for Volunteers!
- Bingo volunteers to help with our Tuesday night Bingo team (an approximate time commitment of 2 hours monthly)
- Bingo drivers for our bingo deliveries/pick ups on Wednesday morning. (an approximate time commitment of 4-5 hours monthly)
- On Air hosts for our early morning show on Wednesday or Thursday as well as to fill in occasionally for vacancies
- Volunteers interested in learning production or technical skills
- Roving reporters are required occasionally for live on location interviews
These are fun filled volunteer opportunities that will challenge you and keep you coming back for more.
Please call Janice at 457-1009 if you are interested in volunteering.
How to Become a Volunteer
- Please contact either Janice or Roxanne at 705-457-1009, as we would love to chat with you about our opportunities. We will arrange a mutually convenient time for you to come to the Station, and at that time you will receive an introduction to the station, have your questions answered, and receive a Welcome Kit that contains our Orientation Manual, an application form and reference forms
- If you prefer you can also send an email to email@example.com to indicate your interest in volunteering.
- Once you have completed the forms then they are to be returned to the Canoe FM studios at 739 Mountain Street, Haliburton, ON. After your application and references have been processed, you will be contacted to arrange a time to meet and review Policies and Procedures and to sign that you acknowledge and understand them. At this time, you will schedule your training sessions, which is when the real fun begins!
- Complete required hours of training.
Please click the links to download the handbook for the volunteer position you are interested in:
- Board of Directors
- Committee Member
- On-Air Broadcaster
- Events and Promotions
- News Writer
- Production Support
- Front Office/Reception
- Remote Broadcasting/Live on Location
- Orientation Manual for Canoe FM Volunteers