Volunteering at CanoeFM
You are about to join Canada’s most successful community radio station. Our management team, technical crew, sales department, office volunteers, and on-air talent have all dedicated themselves to becoming the true voice of the Haliburton Highlands.
From modest beginnings in 2003, we have positioned ourselves as ‘the place to go’ for entertainment, community information, and effective local advertising. Canoe FM is woven into the very fabric of the county.
We’re more than a radio station, though; we’re a family. You will find warm and welcoming people here and I know you’ll quickly feel at home. Don’t be shy about asking questions or offering suggestions. Remember that you ARE Canoe FM!
President, 100.9 CANOE FM
CanoeFM is Looking for Volunteers!
- Bingo volunteers to help out the Bingo team, including drivers for our bingo deliveries which is approximately a three hour per week commitment
- On Air hosts for weekly shows or filling in occasional vacancy
- People interested in learning production or technical skills
- Roving reporters for occasionally live interviews on location
These are fun filled volunteer opportunities that will challenge you and keep you coming back for more.
Please call Janice at 457-1009 if you are interested in volunteering.
How to Become a Volunteer
- Attend Training Session #1: Please contact either Janice or Roxanne to arrange an orientation, call 705-457-1009 – we would love to chat with you about our opportunities. You will receive an introduction to the station, have your questions answered, and receive a Welcome Kit that contains our Orientation Manual, an application form and reference forms.Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 705-457-1009 to indicate your interest in signing up for an upcoming session.
- Complete forms and bring them into the Canoe FM studios at 739 Mountain Street, Haliburton, ON. After your application and references have been processed, you will be contacted to arrange a time to attend the Policies and Procedures Orientation.
- Attend Training Session #2: CANOE FM’s Policies and Procedures Orientation. While at this session, you will sign that you acknowledge and understand CANOE FM’s Policies and Procedures. At this time, you will schedule your training sessions. This is where the real fun begins!
- Complete required hours of training.
Please click the links to download the handbook for the volunteer position you are interested in:
- Board of Directors
- Committee Member
- On-Air Broadcaster
- Events and Promotions
- News Writer
- Production Support
- Front Office/Reception
- Remote Broadcasting/Live on Location
- Orientation Manual for Canoe FM Volunteers