100.9 Canoe FM is Hiring
Canoe FM is looking for a talented Audio Technician to fill a one-year contract position to operate the station’s new Recording Studio Program and to work with our Production Team on regular Station Programming.
The Audio Technician will work with local musical artists (musicians, choirs, orchestras, opera studios, theatre companies, etc.) and train Volunteers to produce high quality recordings to ensure the station has a reliable source of local music for broadcasting. The Technician will also mentor emerging local musicians.
This position will enable the station to showcase local talent, meet community needs, engage youth, and strengthen our partnership in the development of music skills within our community
The Technician is also responsible for training Volunteers in the skills needed to operate the Recording Studio, ensuring the sustainability of the Program at the end of this contract.
This is a one-year contract position (28 hours per week at a pay rate of $22.00 per hour), scheduled to commence on September 12th, 2022
For more information go to www.canoefm.com
- Market the Canoe FM Recording Studio Program through local and social media; and through local music and youth organizations
- Recruit Volunteers to work in the Recording Studio
- Provide training to Volunteers in all aspects of the Recording Studio
- Host workshops on music industry topics such as business planning, marketing, promotion, and music distribution for Volunteers and emerging local musicians
- Manage, and ensure, the Canoe FM Recording Studio is available to the community
- Create a training manual that can be used for reference and be available to assist new Volunteers after completion of the Contract.
- Increase the number of youth volunteers involved in the Station
- Increase community partnerships and engagements with the Station
- Focus on producing high quality local content for broadcast on Canoe FM
- Assist individuals with marketing and promoting their own work
- Track all aspects of the Recording Studio Program such as studio bookings, training, community contacts, etc.
- Ensure care and maintenance of equipment
- Comply with all relevant health and safety legislation
- Assist Canoe FM’s Production Team with other recordings and production as required
- Affinity for music
- Safety Minded
- Working knowledge of industry standards for recording and editing in today’s recording industry.
- Active Listening
- Problem solving
- Continuous Learning
Education and Experience
- Successful completion of a post-secondary live sound recording or show production program, or equivalent experience
- Familiar with recording and editing programs such as Pro Tools, Adobe Audition, Logic Pro
- Proficient with Microsoft & Apple computers
- Familiarity with Team Viewer an asset
- Experience with a not-for-profit organization an asset
- Familiarity with CRTC policies and regulations related to Community Radio an asset
- The Audio Technician will primarily work at the Canoe FM Radio Station at 739 Mountain St, Haliburton, Ontario. There will be instances where recordings or meetings may be conducted in other community locations within Haliburton County.
- This is a 28 hour per week position with flexible hours
- This position will require a flexible schedule, including the possibility of working evenings and weekends in order to meet community needs
- Two 15-minute break periods are provided with a one-hour unpaid lunch break
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Long periods of sitting and or standing
- Some heavy lifting
- $22.00 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay and statutory benefits
Please send resumes via email to Roxanne Casey, Station Manager – email@example.com or drop off your resume to Canoe FM located at 739 Mountain Street in Haliburton, Ontario.
Resumes will be accepted until the end of the day on August 15th , 2022.
Tentative contract commencement date will be September 12, 2022
Only those applications selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canoe FM is committed to providing a fair and equitable working environmentand encourages applications from all qualified individuals regardless of age, gender, race, sexual orientation, or disability.