“Catch the Ace” IS now in Haliburton COUNTY
This is a new progressive jackpot raffle which is quickly becoming very popular across Ontario. The object of the game: Find the ACE of SPADES from a standard deck of 52 cards and win the JACKPOT. The winning ticket each week will receive 20% of tickets sales for the week as well as a chance to find the Ace of Spades.
The Haliburton Highlands Outdoors Association and Canoe FM have joined together to operate a weekly Catch the Ace (CTA) raffle. This game is extremely popular in the Maritimes where huge jackpots have been won.
There will be 52 envelopes and one card will be inserted into each envelope and sealed. The sealed envelopes will be mixed and numbered from 1 to 52. The numbered envelopes will then be placed in a locked display case which will only be opened at the draw time each week. This ensures no one knows which envelope contains the Ace of Spades.
Tickets are $5 each and are available at various retailers throughout the county. Write the envelope number in the square on your ticket you think contains the Ace of Spades. Tickets are only valid for the week in which they were purchased.
Each week there will be one ticket drawn and the winner will receive 20% of the ticket sales for that week. The envelope number entered on the ticket will be opened to reveal the card inside. If it is the Ace of Spades the winner will also receive the Jackpot. If it is not the card will be destroyed and that envelope number will be removed from the available numbers sheet. 30% of the sales each week will be rolled over to the jackpot until the Ace of Spades is found. Go to the Haliburton Highlands Outdoors Association for rules and regulations . Good luck to all.
This is a new draw with proceeds being partially split with Canoe FM, the outdoors association and outdoors association resource centre.
Tickets are sold weekly……with a cutoff time of noon on Wednesday…the following weeks tickets are available every Thursday morning.
Ticket Sellers for “Catch the Ace” Lottery Tickets
Haliburton Highlands Outdoor Association-Haliburton Fish Hatchery
Haliburton Jug City
Todd’s Independent (Haliburton)
Minden Jug City
On the Spot Variety (Minden)
West Guilford Shopping Centre
Eagle Lake Country Market
Agnew’s General Store (Wilberforce)
RESULTS OF THE WEEKLY DRAWS:
May 24, 2017:
Sandy Jackson picked envelope #39 that revealed the 9 of clubs and wins $193.00(20% of tickets sold that week) at last nights draw at the Haliburton Highlands Outdoors Association weekly Catch the Ace Lottery draw. There was 30% of ticket sales which was added to the Progressive Jackpot $289.50 for this weeks draw.
The Progressive Jackpot is now at $500.00 for when the Ace of Spades is drawn by a lucky winner PLUS the winner wins 20% of that weeks ticket purchases.
May 17, 2017:
The winner Catch the Ace draw was Mike MacLean of Ritchie Falls – Mike won $163.00. Mike choose envelope number 17 which was not the Ace of Spades. This means that next week’s progressive pot starts off with $244.50.
June 1, 2017:
There were 177 tickets sold out of 450 maximum last week and Betty Marks, who attended the draw at the HHOA last night @ 6pm, drew Kim Roberts, from Haliburton, ticket. Kim selected Envelope #15 on her ticket stub. When envelope #15 was removed from the lockbox, it contained the Ace of Clubs. Kim is the winner of 20% of ticket sales for that week for a total of $177.00.
The Progressive Jackpot NOW sits at $748.50 for next draw if the Ace of Spades is revealed from an envelope.
June 7, 2017
Congratulations to Scott Vasey who was the winner of this week’s Catch the Ace Lottery. Scott had chosen envelope #34 which contained the Queen of Clubs. Scott takes home $280 for his support. Since the Ace of Spades was not chosen, the progressive jackpot has risen to $1168.50 plus 30% of next week’s ticket sales. Thanks Scott. The next draw is June 14th at 6pm. Great odds. Be sure to get your tickets.
June 14, 2017
This weeks lucky winner of $205.00( 20% of this past weeks sales)was Marilyn Hammond from Wilberforce who purchased her winning ticket at Agnew’s. Marilyn selected envelope #51 which contained the 9 of spades! Congratulations Marilyn!
If envelope #51 contained the Ace of Spades, the winnings would include the Progressive Jackpot for todays draw for a total winning of $1681.00( $1476.00 Progressive PLUS $205.00)! However, next weeks draw will add 30% to the Progressive Jackpot of $1476.00
Catch the Ace is one of the best $5.00/ ticket lottery odds of winning with 1 out of 205 tickets sold( max 450/week) was todays draw.
June 21, 2017
The winner this week was Paul Cameron of Haliburton. Envelope Chosen: 33, Card in the Envelope: 2 of Spades
20% of the weekly ticket sales going to Paul Cameron: $210. Progressive pot is now sitting at $2,001.00
June 28, 2017
This week’s winner was Fred Simmons of Irondale. Fred won $172.00. The envelope he chose contained the Ace of Hearts…which means the Ace of Spades is still in the running….next week’s Progressive Catch the Ace Pot now starts at $2,049.00
July 5, 2017
Tonight’s Catch the Ace winner was Tim Hagarty of Wenona Lake. Tim chose envelope number 7, which contained the Queen of Hearts….this means that the Ace of Spades is still in one of those remaining sealed envelopes. Which means that your chances of winning the progressive jackpot are getting better. Tim won $164 and the progressive jackpot starts this week with $2295.00 in it.
July 12, 2017
Wendy Bateman is last nights draw winner of $175.00 as her winning ticket stub purchased at CanoeFM had envelope #13 selected and it contained the 3 of diamonds. Wendy won 20% of that weeks ticket sales. If her envelope contained the Ace of Spades, she would have won the Progressive Jackpot $2557.50 PLUS the $175.00 for a total of $2732.50. BEST ODDS in any current lottery as last night 1 out of 175 was Wendy’s odds of winning.
July 19, 2017
Catch the Ace winner from tonight’s draw was Barry Willhelm of Haliburton. Barry won $173.00, but he did not uncover the Ace of Spades. Next weeks progressive draw starts out at $2,990.00.
July 26, 2017
This weeks winner is Melissa Bryan from Wilberforce who picked envelope #14 which contained the 9 of Hearts. The Progressive Jackpot was $3136.50 and because the Ace was not drawn, it will be carried over to next weeks Aug 2 draw. There is ONLY 41 envelopes left so the odds are getting better!! We have been averaging only 200 tickets per draw. Best odds out there so get your tickets! Thanks for your support!
Week 11 Draw Winner: Melissa Bryan
August 2, 2017
Ron Barr of Gooderham was this weeks winner of the Catch the Ace draw and is picking up his cheque for $218.00. Ron selected envelope #7 and checked higher box. Envelope seven was gone , so envelope #8 was selected (as he requested on the stub)which contained the 6 of Clubs.
This means that next weeks progressive jackpot will start off at $3,463.50
August 9, 2017
Catch the Ace winner was Shirley Johnson-Shirley won $283. The Ace is still hiding. The progressive pot will start off at $3,888.00 next week.
August 16, 2017
This week’s Catch the Ace draw took place last night at 6pm. The winner this week was Mark Leighton and he won $283.00! The progressive jackpot wasn’t won so it starts off this week at $4595.50 so get your tickets now for next week’s draw and help support the HHOA!
RULES OF PLAY: HALIBURTON HIGHLANDS OUTDOORS ASSOCIATION (HHOA)
- OPEN TO ANYONE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER @ $5.00/TICKET & ONLY CASH ACCEPTED
- MAXIMUM TOTAL NUMBER OF TICKETS SOLD THIS WEEK____ AND ONLY AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE FROM HHOA COMMITTEE AUTHORIZED RETAILERS/SALES LOCATIONS TILL NOON OF WEEKLY DRAW DATE
- DRAW NIGHT: ONLY ONE TICKET STUB IS DRAWN AND THE SELECTED NUMBERED ENVELOPE( # OUT OF 52) ON THE TICKET STUB CONTAINING 1 OF 52 PLAYING CARDS WILL BE REMOVED FROM LOCK BOX AND WILL BE OPENED BY TICKET MARSHALL
- ONCE # ENVELOPE IS OPENED AND THE PLAYING CARD IS REVEALED, ANY PLAYING CARD OTHER THAN THE ACE OF SPADES, THE WINNER WILL RECEIVE %20 OF THE PREVIOUS WEEK TICKET SALES AND THE %30 OF PAST WEEKLY SALES IS ADDED TO THE PROGRESSIVE JACKPOT FOR THE NEXT WEEK DRAW.
- TICKET PURCHASERS CAN ATTEND DRAW, BUT WILL BE NOTIFIED OF WINNING IF NOT PRESENT.
- PRIZES: WEEKLY DRAWN TICKET GUARENTEED MINIUM OF 20% OF PAST WEEK TICKET SALES IS THE WEEKLY PRIZE AND %30 PROGRESSIVE JACKPOT IS THEN ADDED TO NEXT WEEK DRAW PRIZE UNTIL GRAND PRIZE ACE OF SPADES IS DRAWN AT THAT POINT LOTTERY ENDS AND WINNER TAKES ALL FUNDS ACCUMULATED
- A “MUST GO ” DRAW NIGHT WILL OCCUR WHEN THE MAXIMUM OF LOTTERY LICENCE REVENUE IS REACHED
- NOTE: ***IF NO ENVELOPE NUMBER IS SELECTED BY PURCHASER ON THE PURCHASED TICKET STUB, THEN A RANDOM ENVELOPE NUMBER OF THE REMAINING ENVELOPES WILL BE SELECTED ON BEHALF OF THE PURCHASER TO OPENED BY TICKET MARSHALL.
- ALL DRAWS AND PLAYING CARDS PUT INTO THE ENVELOPES AND INTO LOCK BOX WILL BE VIDEO TAPED. THE TICKET MARSHALL WILL BE THE ONLY KEY HOLDER TO THE LOCKED BOX CONTAINING THE NUMBERED ENVELOPES WITH THE PLAYING CARD INSIDE. PROCESS: a)PLAYING CARDS SHUFFLED AND PLACED IN DARK ENVELOPES AND SEALED b) THEN THE ENVELOPES ARE RESHUFFLED AND THEN NUMBERS ARE PLACED ON ALL ENVELOPES NUMBER 1 THROUGH TO 52 AND PLACED IN LOCK BOX IN FRONT OF TICKET MARSHALL.
- THE CATCH THE ACE COMMITTEE MEMBERS /DIRECTORS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO PURCHASE THE TICKETS. THE COMMITTEE CONSISTS OF Not-for Profit :HHOA(%40), CANOE FM (%40) AND THE CRA REGISTERED CHARITY HHRC(%20)(Haliburton Highlands Resource Centre) . THE CHARITY REVENUE %50 PROCEEDS OF THE DRAW(after administration expenses)ARE DIVIDED AS PER THE PERCENTAGES LISTED ABOVE FOR USE BY THE NOT-FOR-PROIT AND CHARITABLE ORGANIZTION TO MEET MANDATES
- CATCH THE ACE LOTTERY-HALIBURTON GOLD WILL ADVERTIZE IN PRINT,INTERNET,RADIO AND SOCIAL MEDIA
12) ONTARIO PROBLEM LINE GAMBLING HELPLINE # 1-888-230-3505