9TH CATCH THE ACE LOTTERY DRAW
NEXT DRAW ON HOLD UNTIL END OF APRIL OR MAY DEPENDING ON COVID 19
Tickets can be purchased at:
Canoe FM, Haliburton Jug City, Haliburton Foodland, Todd’s Independent, Minden Jug City, On the Spot Variety, West Guilford Shopping Centre, Eagle Lake Country Market, Lucky Dollar, Agnew’s General Store, Outdoor’s Plus and of course HHOA on Tuesdays and Thursdays- 10am to 2pm
Draw # 1 on November 11, 2020 winner is Wynne Agnew with envelope#49 that held the 5 of clubs. Wynne won $87.00
Draw #2 on November 18, 2020 winner is Karen Smith with envelope #5 that held the 8 of hearts. Karen won $278.00. The Progressive Pot starts at $547.50
Draw #3 on November 25, 2020 winner is Kelly Reynolds with envelop #48 that held the 4 of hearts. Kelly won $199.00. The Progressive Pot starts at $846.00
Draw #4 on December 2, 2020 winner is Emile Duchene with envelop #42 that held the Queen of Spades. Emile won $145.00. The Progressive Pot starts at $1,063.50
Draw #5 on December 9, 2020 winner is Brenda Smith with envelop #39 that held the Ace of Hearts. Brenda won $127.00. The Progressive Pot starts at $1,254.00
Draw #6 on December 16, 2020 winner is Peter Oyler with envelop #43 that held the Jack of Hearts. Peter won $133.00. The Progressive Pot starts at $1,453.50
Draw #7 on December 23, 2020 winner is Tim Barry with envelop #10 that held the King of Clubs. Tim won $117.00. The Progressive Pot starts at $1,629.00
Draw #8 on December 30, 2020 winner is Irene Fisher with envelop #47 that held the 3 of spades. Irene won $71.00. The Progressive Pot starts at $1,735.50
Draw #9 on January 6, 2021 winner is Wynne Agnew with envelop #22 that held the Jack of Clubs. Irene won $95.00. The Progressive Pot starts at $1,870.00
Draw #10 on January 13, 2021 winner is James Ellis with envelop #27 that held the 4 of Clubs. James won $100.00. The Progressive Pot starts at $2028.00
ON HOLD UNTIL END OF APRIL OR MAY DEPENDING ON COVID 19
“Catch the Ace” IS now in Haliburton COUNTY
This is a new progressive jackpot raffle which is quickly becoming very popular across Ontario. The object of the game: Find the ACE of SPADES from a standard deck of 52 cards and win the JACKPOT. The winning ticket each week will receive 20% of tickets sales for the week as well as a chance to find the Ace of Spades.
The Haliburton Highlands Outdoors Association and Canoe FM have joined together to operate a weekly Catch the Ace (CTA) raffle. This game is extremely popular in the Maritimes where huge jackpots have been won.
There will be 52 envelopes and one card will be inserted into each envelope and sealed. The sealed envelopes will be mixed and numbered from 1 to 52. The numbered envelopes will then be placed in a locked display case which will only be opened at the draw time each week. This ensures no one knows which envelope contains the Ace of Spades.
Tickets are $5 each and are available at various retailers throughout the county. Write the envelope number in the square on your ticket you think contains the Ace of Spades. Tickets are only valid for the week in which they were purchased.
Each week there will be one ticket drawn and the winner will receive 20% of the ticket sales for that week. The envelope number entered on the ticket will be opened to reveal the card inside. If it is the Ace of Spades the winner will also receive the Jackpot. If it is not the card will be destroyed and that envelope number will be removed from the available numbers sheet. 30% of the sales each week will be rolled over to the jackpot until the Ace of Spades is found. Go to the Haliburton Highlands Outdoors Association for rules and regulations . Good luck to all.
This is a new draw with proceeds being partially split with Canoe FM, the outdoors association and outdoors association resource centre.
Tickets are sold weekly……with a cutoff time of noon on Wednesday…the following weeks tickets are available every Thursday morning.
RULES OF PLAY: HALIBURTON HIGHLANDS OUTDOORS ASSOCIATION (HHOA)
- OPEN TO ANYONE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER @ $5.00/TICKET & ONLY CASH ACCEPTED
- MAXIMUM TOTAL NUMBER OF TICKETS SOLD THIS WEEK____ AND ONLY AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE FROM HHOA COMMITTEE AUTHORIZED RETAILERS/SALES LOCATIONS TILL NOON OF WEEKLY DRAW DATE
- DRAW NIGHT: ONLY ONE TICKET STUB IS DRAWN AND THE SELECTED NUMBERED ENVELOPE( # OUT OF 52) ON THE TICKET STUB CONTAINING 1 OF 52 PLAYING CARDS WILL BE REMOVED FROM LOCK BOX AND WILL BE OPENED BY TICKET MARSHALL
- ONCE # ENVELOPE IS OPENED AND THE PLAYING CARD IS REVEALED, ANY PLAYING CARD OTHER THAN THE ACE OF SPADES, THE WINNER WILL RECEIVE %20 OF THE PREVIOUS WEEK TICKET SALES AND THE %30 OF PAST WEEKLY SALES IS ADDED TO THE PROGRESSIVE JACKPOT FOR THE NEXT WEEK DRAW.
- TICKET PURCHASERS CAN ATTEND DRAW, BUT WILL BE NOTIFIED OF WINNING IF NOT PRESENT.
- PRIZES: WEEKLY DRAWN TICKET GUARANTEED MINIMUM OF 20% OF PAST WEEK TICKET SALES IS THE WEEKLY PRIZE AND %30 PROGRESSIVE JACKPOT IS THEN ADDED TO NEXT WEEK DRAW PRIZE UNTIL GRAND PRIZE ACE OF SPADES IS DRAWN AT THAT POINT LOTTERY ENDS AND WINNER TAKES ALL FUNDS ACCUMULATED
- A “MUST GO ” DRAW NIGHT WILL OCCUR WHEN THE MAXIMUM OF LOTTERY LICENCE REVENUE IS REACHED
- NOTE: ***IF NO ENVELOPE NUMBER IS SELECTED BY PURCHASER ON THE PURCHASED TICKET STUB, THEN A RANDOM ENVELOPE NUMBER OF THE REMAINING ENVELOPES WILL BE SELECTED ON BEHALF OF THE PURCHASER TO OPENED BY TICKET MARSHALL.
- ALL DRAWS AND PLAYING CARDS PUT INTO THE ENVELOPES AND INTO LOCK BOX WILL BE VIDEO TAPED. THE TICKET MARSHALL WILL BE THE ONLY KEY HOLDER TO THE LOCKED BOX CONTAINING THE NUMBERED ENVELOPES WITH THE PLAYING CARD INSIDE. PROCESS: a)PLAYING CARDS SHUFFLED AND PLACED IN DARK ENVELOPES AND SEALED b) THEN THE ENVELOPES ARE RESHUFFLED AND THEN NUMBERS ARE PLACED ON ALL ENVELOPES NUMBER 1 THROUGH TO 52 AND PLACED IN LOCK BOX IN FRONT OF TICKET MARSHALL.
- THE CATCH THE ACE COMMITTEE MEMBERS /DIRECTORS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO PURCHASE THE TICKETS. THE COMMITTEE CONSISTS OF Not-for Profit :HHOA(%40), CANOE FM (%40) AND THE CRA REGISTERED CHARITY HHRC(%20)(Haliburton Highlands Resource Centre) . THE CHARITY REVENUE %50 PROCEEDS OF THE DRAW(after administration expenses)ARE DIVIDED AS PER THE PERCENTAGES LISTED ABOVE FOR USE BY THE NOT-FOR-PROIT AND CHARITABLE ORGANIZTION TO MEET MANDATES
- CATCH THE ACE LOTTERY-HALIBURTON GOLD WILL ADVERTIZE IN PRINT,INTERNET,RADIO AND SOCIAL MEDIA
12) ONTARIO PROBLEM LINE GAMBLING HELPLINE # 1-888-230-3505