Canoe FM Summer Job Posting for 2021
Canada Summer Jobs
Canoe FM, as a not for profit, volunteer based community radio station in Haliburton, Ontario. Our mission is to provide balanced programming, including entertainment and vital information to the Haliburton Highlands. Canoe FM strives to showcase local talent, meet and partner for the development of the community. Canoe FM is operated by over 100 volunteers.
Canoe FM is looking for a friendly, motivated, service oriented team player to fulfill a Canada Summer Job funded position.
Canada Summer Jobs provides funding to not-for-profit organizations, public-sector employers and small businesses with 50 or fewer employees to create summer job opportunities for youth aged 15 to 30 years.
This position runs for 8 weeks at 35 hours per week
(7 hours per day – Tuesday through and including Saturday)
Rate of Pay will be $16.00 per hour.
Anticipated Start Date: June 14th, 2021
Physical Environment: moderate; requires some heavy lifting (over 20 kg)
- Ensuring the community is aware of Canoe FM -Develop innovative ways to market Canoe FM.
- Assist in setting up call in broadcasts and ensuring hosts are given the material needed to ensure success of broadcast.
- Contact businesses and organizations to arrange for station interviews.
- Assist the Bingo Team with paperwork and programming.
- Assist the Radiothon Committee with our annual fundraiser
- Keep an inventory of promotional and marketing material and supplies
- Co-ordinate & execute on-air contests and promotions
- Maintain promotional signage, draw boxes, entry forms and equipment
- Ensure social media is updated and pictures posted
- Answer phones, direct inquiries, assist customers, sell tickets
- Be an ambassador for the station and aware of what is going on in the community
- Other duties as assigned by the Station Manager
The key role in the position is to ensure that Canoe FM is providing exceptional customer service, especially in these trying times.
We are looking for an individual who will coordinate and work with volunteers on promoting the station, arrange for community call in broadcasts, schedule volunteers to work in the office, seek out public service announcements for hosts, update social media, problem solve and fill in on the air as needed. The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to work and learn in a not for profit, volunteer based, community radio station.
- Extremely organized with the ability to multi task
- Self-motivated, team player with a positive pro-active attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Familiar with updating various forms of Social Media
Canoe FM’s employment practices are accessible to meet the needs of employees and job applicants with disabilities.
Only selected applicants will be contacted for interivews.
Please email your resume with a cover letter, to email@example.com or drop it off to the station which is located at 739 Mountain Street in Haliburton by May 14, 2021.