The MNRF has lifted their Fire Restrictions, effective 12:01 AM, Saturday May 16, 2020. Open air burning will be permitted. Individuals must contact their municipal Fire Departments for any restrictions or bylaw information that are in place regarding open are burning.
You don’t need a fire permit to burn piled wood, brush, leaves or wood by-products if you follow these rules:
- ignite the fire no sooner than 2 hours before sunset and extinguish it no later than 2 hours after sunrise
- burn only a single pile at any one time
- ensure the pile is less than 2 metres in diameter and less than 2 metres high
- keep the fire at least 2 metres from any flammable materials
- have tools or water adequate to contain the fire at the fire site
- ensure a responsible person tends the fire until it is extinguished
A reminder that from April 1st to October 31st each year, Burn Permits are required in order to burn approved material, between 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM.
A REMINDER THAT THE USE OF FIREWORKS IS NOT PERMITTED AT THIS TIME.