100.9 Canoe FM Is Hiring ~We are looking for a Podcast & Spoken Word Producer
A Podcast & Spoken Word Producer will have many responsibilities such as managing the podcast & new spoken word programming, recording and editing episodes, as well as other behind-the-scenes interactions. The Producer will recruit, train and oversee volunteers
This position will act as an administrator and technical director.
This is a one year contract position (28 hours per week at a pay rate of $20.00 per hour)
This position will commence on September 3, 2019 and finishing on or before August 31, 2020
If you love technology, have an interest in broadcasting and recording, media production, and working with computer programs this might be a position for you.
For more information regarding this position
go to www.canoefm.com
Canoe FM is a not for profit, volunteer based Community Radio Station in Haliburton, Ontario.
Podcast & Spoken Word Producer
- Train, assist and work with volunteers on the creation of long form audio programming in a deadline-driven media environment
- Work with volunteers on the creating of engaging content
- Train volunteers on copyright regarding program and music
- Train volunteers on the use of all necessary broadcast and recording equipment.
- Train volunteers on the creation of appropriate cover art
- Train volunteers on the use of social media in the promotion of programming
- Develop a marketing strategy for the programming
- fill in as a broadcaster if necessary
- office administration
- other duties as assigned
As the Training Specialist we are looking for someone that has:
- excellent organizational and administrative skills
- pays close attention to detail
- is able to work calmly and effectively under pressure,
- has knowledge of copyright law, ethics and industry regulations regarding radio advertising
- has strong IT skills and data handling
- the ability to work collaboratively
- will develop strong relationships with volunteers, customers and other staff members
- meets deadlines, prioritizes work and delivers on commitments
- has a positive attitude, ability to problem solve and a strong desire to achieve
- has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- has experience in creating and writing training manuals and/or videos
Education and Experience:
- completion of a college radio arts or journalism program or 2 years of practical training in a community, campus or commercial radio station or relevant experience
- familiar with adobe audition, Dad Presenter, Radio Traffic & Music Scheduler 1
- proficient in Microsoft Office
- experience with a not for profit organization
- familiar with CRTC policies and regulations as related to Community Radio.
- The Podcast and Spoken Word Producer will generally work out of The Canoe FM Radio Station located at 739 Mountain Street in Haliburton
- This is a 28 hour per week position.
- This position requires a flexible schedule with occasional evenings and weekends
- Two 15 minute break periods are provided with one hour unpaid lunch break
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Long periods of sitting
- Some heavy lifting
$20.00 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay and statutory benefits
Please send resumes via email to Roxanne Casey, Station Manager
email@example.com or drop off your resume to the Canoe FM radio station, located at 739 Mountain Street in Haliburton, Ontario.
Resumes will be accepted until the end of the day on August 16, 2019.
Tentative start date will be September 3, 2019
Only those applications selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canoe FM is committed to providing a fair and equitable working environment and encourages applications from all qualified individuals regardless of age, gender, race, sexual orientation or disability.