Summer Job Posting for 2017
Canada Summer Jobs
Promotional Broadcast Assistant
Canoe FM, as a not for profit, volunteer based community radio station in Haliburton, Ontario. Our mission is to provide balanced programming, including entertainment and vital information to the Haliburton Highlands. Canoe FM strives to showcase local talent, meet and partner for the development of the community. Canoe FM is operated by over 130 volunteers.
Canoe FM is looking for a friendly, motivated, service oriented team player to fulfill a Canada Summer Job funded position.
This position runs for 7 weeks at 30 hours per week (7.5 hours per day)
Rate of Pay will be $12.40 per hour.
Anticipated Start Date: July 3rd, 2017
Physical Environment: moderate; requires some heavy lifting (over 20 kg)
- Ensuring Canoe FM is visible at summer community events
- Prepare weekly schedule of events/live on locations and remote broadcastings
- Assist in setting up remotes and/or promotional events and ensuring all required equipment and marketing pieces are present.
- Fill in for remote broadcasters or on air hosts from time to time
- Keep an inventory of promotional and marketing material and supplies
- Co-ordinate & execute on-air contests and promotions
- Maintain promotional signage, draw boxes, entry forms and equipment
- Ensure social media is updated and pictures posted
- Answer phones, direct inquiries, assist customers
- Prepare press releases for the media as required
- Be an ambassador for the station and tuned into the community
- Other duties as assigned by the Station Manager
We are looking for a student who is able to coordinate and work with volunteers in areas of promotion, remote broadcasting, office scheduling, community service events, updating social media and website, data base entry, problem solving and filling in for on air and remote broadcasters as needed.
The key role in the position is to ensure that Canoe FM is represented and visible at summer community events.
The Assistant will be trained in the use of our on air and remote broadcasting equipment and be made familiar with the mandates and regulations around community radio.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with more than 130 volunteers The Assistant will be responsible for: coordinating and executing all weekly promotions, implementing off site broadcasting, updating promotional marketing pieces, sending press releases to local newspapers as needed, keeping our on air hosts informed as to our stations off-site locations, setting up remote broadcasts and information booths and ensuring that we have all the necessary promotional items and marketing material necessary to showcase the value of community radio and encourage people to volunteer and or support the station. The Assistant will be required to work in the front office when volunteers are unable to make their shifts.
- Have access to a car and a valid driver’s license for live on location events.
- Extremely organized with the ability to multi task
- Self-motivated, team player with a positive pro-active attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Familiar with updating various forms of Social Media
- Willing to work flexible hours as needed for contests/events
Canoe FM’s employment practices are accessible to meet the needs of employees and job applicants with disabilities.
Please email your resume with a cover letter, explaining why you would like to work for Canoe FM to Roxanne@canoefm.com or drop it off to the station which is located at 739 Mountain Street in Haliburton by May 31st, 2017